top of page



File Your Taxes for FREE with MyFreeTaxes

For more than a decade, United Way has helped people easily and accurately file both their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxes. United Way continues to offer this service because of a continued commitment to fighting for the financial stability of every person in every community.

MyFreeTaxes is a reliable and free way to file your taxes and ensure you’re getting the refund you deserve! Since its inception, more than 1.3 million people have used MyFreeTaxes. As a result, individuals and households have saved $260 million in filing fees to date.

Available in both English and Spanish.

To file your taxes for free, visit today!

Call Center.png

What if I have questions while preparing my taxes?


  • The MyFreeTaxes Helpline is staffed by dedicated call specialists who have completed IRS VITA program training and certification. Our Helpline call specialists are available to answer questions about MyFreeTaxes, help you troubleshoot issues you may face while using the tax filing software we connect you to, and answer certain tax questions you have while completing your return through MyFreeTaxes.

  • Our main Helpline can be reached at 866-698-9435. It is available 9:00am-5:00pm daily from February 6 - April 18, and 9:00am-5:00pm daily from April 19 - October 31.

Key features of the online tool include:

MyFreeTaxes helps people file their taxes for free while getting the assistance they need.

Our self-preparation software (accessible by selecting the “File My Own Taxes” option on our homepage) is completely free. We connect users to one of two self-preparation software options based on their income.

We also connect MyFreeTaxes users who need more support filing their return to partner nonprofits who are part of the IRS’ Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program (accessible by clicking on the “Have My Return Prepared For Me” option on our homepage.)

Common tax situations covered in MyFreeTaxes include:


  • W-2 income

  • Self-employment income (Schedule C and 1099)

  • Mortgage interest deduction

  • Health savings accounts (HSAs)

  • Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV

  • Unemployment income

  • Student education expenses and credits

  • Student loan interest

  • Claiming the standard deduction

  • Itemized returns

  • Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)

  • Child tax credits

  • Child and dependent care expenses

  • Non-resident returns

  • Amended tax returns

Call us at (920) 682-8888

  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram
bottom of page